Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The truth of it all...

If you know me, you probably know that I am not big on secrets. My life is an open book, and Techy is far worse than I am. We can keep secrets, but usually, I don’t unless it’s at the request of someone else.

I say that to preface what I am about to do. I am about to do something that is completely unheard of for women…I am about to tell you the biggest secret I have.

MY WEIGHT.

Before I got pregnant I weighed a healthy 135.

The day I had the little man, I tipped the scales at 188. I weighed more than the hubs! Total weight gain of 53 lbs.

When I got home from the hospital, I weighed 178.

In the past 3 months, I have lost 7 lbs.

I now weigh 171.2 lbs.

When I came home from the hospital, I was wearing a size 16-18.
I am now wearing a 14 comfortably, and a 12 uncomfortably. Before I got pregnant I was wearing an 8-10 comfortably.

You may ask why on earth I would reveal something so personal, but I am doing it with purpose. I need the accountability.

I have been eating as healthy as possible since I came home from the hospital, but since I am still lactating I have to keep my calorie count up, and eating low calorie foods has never been the key to my weight loss. Workouts have always been my #1 source of weight loss.

So this morning, after finally getting the baby and dog in sync with sleeping through the night, I managed to get a work out in. My goal is to track my progress over the next 7 weeks (until vacation) and see what if any I can lose between now and then. I plan to have my hubs take my measurements as well since that is a much more accurate showing than actual pounds lost for someone my size.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you should do what i never did - sign up for races - you have to pay and then it makes you accountable - looking for 5k's in april as i type!

Unknown said...

races2run.com