Saturday, March 6, 2010

Living like a mad ninja!

So, I realized yesterday that I complain AAAAAAAlot on this blog. I don't mean to, I just do. I have so much to be thankful for. So today, I am going to change it up a bit.

Last night, Little Man slept for 7.5 hours. Until this week, he had been sleeping anywhere from 4-6 hours at night. I am pretty sure that alot of the difference has been developing a real routine. I changed up his schedule a little bit over the last few weeks, and it seems to be paying off.

I have felt like a failure in the mommy department for a while because despite my best efforts to follow the book, my baby was only sleeping between 4-6 hours. At this point, all of my friends who followed the book had their babies sleeping 7-8 hours or more. Apparently, I had done something wrong. But then I started reading a blog from another Babywise mom, and realized even she struggled. And again ALL BABIES ARE DIFFERENT. I believe in this article she is referring to her 3rd child who seems to be at exactly the same stage as my little man.... Meaning 1) she started a stinking blog to tell the world about the Babywise schedule and 2)she has done this twice before and her child is still at the same stage as Little Man. I feel better. Maybe I have done ok. According to this article, non-BW related, we are ahead of the curve with Little Man.
He is 10 weeks today, and he had one night last week that he slept for 7 hours. The rest he slept for 5 or 6, but then over the weekend he started sleeping 7.5 hours. On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. I feel like a new woman!
On top of that, the sun is out. The sun was out all weekend, and today the temperature is supposed to be almost 60 degrees. After what has been the longest, snowiest winter in Delaware history, it's a huge relief.
For now, life is good. Little Man is sleeping, American Idol is back on tv, and spring is finally making an appearance. I am so thankful!
As for living like a mad ninja - it's a long story that has something to do with Michael Scott, HD-DVR, and Carmen San Diego.

No comments: