Friday, March 19, 2010

Random facts

Well, I did a random thoughts a few weeks ago. Now I feel the urge to do a random facts about me post. Because life is random and weird things happen to me.

1. I hate the fact that I have had to buy fat summer clothes because I know I don’t have time to get back into my skinny summer clothes.

2. I am really stressed out right now. It’s just so hard to please everyone and I am tired of trying.

3. Baby Lady is amazing! I swear, I feel like she is an extension of my family. She loves Little Man to death, and I can't begin to tell you how awesome it is to have your child somewhere that you know he is receiving good care. Having her right around the corner is better than anything I could ever ask for. Except for maybe my own personal Magda….

4. When I was a teenager, my cousin, Jan, hired me to clean her house once a week and I was her on-call babysitter. It was my first job. It was one of the best relationships of my life. Jan is only 11 years older than me and has been a friend and mentor, even to this day – in spite of all the crazy stuff we've been through….

5. I once dated a pre-con. Weird thing is I also worked his trial 5+ years and -40 lbs later. Don’t ask what he was convicted of…. Just be thankful it didn’t work out. For the record, he was one of only 2 guys who ever broke up with me. And his method of breaking up was way worse than the other guy! He actually showed up where he knew I was waiting on him, with another girl sitting on his lap in his pick up truck, which in redneck language is practically engagement…. (Back in the day, I had a thing for rednecks.)

6. I heart Twilight! Tonight, the 2nd movie, New Moon, comes out on video, and I invited my adopted little sisters over to spend the night and watch it with me. The teeny-bopper inside is so excited! (Team Edward all the way)

7. My birthday is April Fool’s day. And yes, I get a lot of tricks played on me. The worst was my freshman year of college. The guy I was dating had paid a chap to fake “social” us. If you don’t know what that term means, it’s a long story. If you do, you went to PCC and know what a mean trick that was. If I could have slapped him, I would have, but then I would have been “socialed” for real...

8. In Old Hebrew, my name means, “Wild Cow”. Through the centuries, it has been reinterpreted to “cow-eyed”, reinterpreted again to “weary eyed”, and reinterpreted again to “weary”, but in Old (as in ancient) Hebrew, it means “Wild Cow”. Check it out here. Pretty crazy, huh?

9. I am very lucky to have a sister-in-law, who is also my friend. I won’t expand on this since I have learned that to expand could offend someone, but trust me when I say I am lucky.

10. I enjoy cleaning bathrooms because it doesn’t take long to tell a difference.

11. I love riding down the road with my windows open blaring a feel good, summertime tune.

12. My childhood is made up of humorous memories, many of which involve fighting with my sister. 2 memories stick out – one of almost getting suspended from our Christian school for dragging her down the hall by a bookbag and another of getting knocked over the head with a croquet mallot.

I guess that's enough for now.

No comments: