Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I can see clearly now the rain is gone

First of all, I want to take a moment to chastise myself for my comments of yesterday about my hubby’s interaction with the baby. I know he works hard all day long and he deserves some down time. Therefore the time of video game play that he gets each evening is only fair and helps him unwind, which in turn allows me to have access to a happy hubby. I am very thankful for him (even if he does spend a lot of time playing video games). Especially since he has been helping more and more with Little Man – for those of you who don’t have children yet, you should know that although breastfeeding is a “wonderful bonding experience”, bottles are totally where it’s at. Bottles enable others to be able to help – i.e., Techy’s taking on more responsibility – as well as allowing you to know exactly how much your little one is eating at each feeding, and it takes so much less time! It’s the bomb! The next time around, I plan to breast feed for that first week or 2 and let my milk supply build up, then we are switching to bottles for all the awake feedings! The only advantage that nursing allows is for those mid-night feedings when you don't have to go anywhere and you don't have to clean anything up.

That being said, I dedicate this post to this guy…the genius who invented the baby swing. In so doing, the man gave me and millions of parents the world over hours of their lives back. The device is magical. When naps are elusive and nothing else can calm the little guy down, the swing is the magical cure!

In addition, I should probably send some hi-fives and fist pumps out to this guy too, since the developments he made helped give me one of these....



When you get in one of those with one of these



You end up with one of these...




And then you become one of these...


As opposed to one of these...

Which is good because no one recognizes me when I turn into the scary purple stress ball....

No comments: