Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Dustbunnies are Bigger than Yours

So, a friend and I were having a discussion about messy houses...

More or less, I was whining about how messy my house is.

I know.

Be shocked.

Me?  Whining?

Unheard of!

But I have a reason to whine about it, I promise I do.

I don't know if you heard or not, but I am having visitors today. 

A houseful of them.

And my house is so messy.

You may have also heard about the men in my life.

Specifically, this one.


And this one.


And we dare not forget this one.

They are some messy, messy men.

Loveable.

Cuddly.

Adorable.

But very, very messy.
This one likes to lead me on treasure hunts for the matches to his socks.


This one likes to watch me pull pieces of corn out of my hair. 

He laughs.

Loudly.

Like Santa at Christmas.

Because he likes to throw things. 

And food, or in this case - corn, is a thing.

We are working on this....

And this one...

This one likes to HIDE food.

And track in leaves.

And grass.

And I won't even talk about his ability shed hair in every corner of my home.

I mean, for real. 

Does he go over in the corners and brush his hair with one of those fuzz-inducing brushes and then pick the hair out of it and throw it in the corner?

Otherwise, how does it get there?

And how does it get so ginormous?

But then there's me...

Let's just say that I'm the neat one....

Which is really so sad....

Because look at what kind of example I am setting with my frizzy hair and glasses....

But let's face it, I just don't have the time or energy to chase down socks, pick up every single kernel of corn, and sweep the corners every single day.

Because I am still busy just trying to get my bed made, my dishwasher emptied, and my silverware sorted.

Sound familiar?  Or am I the only one?

Please say I'm not the only one....

2 comments:

Cortney said...

It's just me and my husband round our house and yet the mess still seems massive...I can relate. I just vacuumed dust bunnies from the ceilings in every room-yuck.

Reyna said...

Aha!! So I'm not the only wife who always does a load of laundry and has to hunt down at least one missing sock each load! Nate doesn't know how I can be consistent with the missing socks--but I'm good like that! ;)