Thursday, June 9, 2011

No Margin For Error - WINNING

Um.  What a day. 

Today begins the craziness that is wedding season 2011 in the BTSW household.

Techy and I were up before the chickens.

It should be noted that we don't actually have any chickens.

Just 1 dog.

But we were up before him, so I can only assume that means that we would be up before any local, wandering fowl that may indeed find it's way to my house.

Although, now that I am thinking about it, wouldn't it be nice to have chickens? 

Free eggs....

A free alarm clock.

Plenty of fertilizer for my non-existant garden.

One thing I know for sure, I do not want geese.

Ugh.

Nasty geese.

What was I talking about?

Oh yeah.  Wedding season.

And Techy and I being up ultra megazoid early.

We had a long drive ahead of us today with said dog and one relatively independant toddler (thankfully no chickens or geese - can you imagine?!).

And only after Techy ran enough errands in such a whirlwind that he didn't know where he was going.

Although, one could argue that he never really knows where he is going, so what's the difference.

Let's skip ahead a few hours...

Getting out of work.

Oh, that's right, I didn't mention that I had to work half a day, right?

Ugh.

So yeah.  Got out of work...

Just in time to keep Techy pointed in the right direction for 6 hours.

And entertain the cranky child strapped down in his car seat in the backseat.

Only to skid into the church parking lot about 3 minutes before the rehearsal started.

But hey.

We made it.

When we had left ourself basically NO margin for error.

To be honest, I don't know how we did it.

But I'm soooooooooooooo thankful we did.

Because I got to play the role of Groom's grandma.

Let's just say, that's not something I would have wanted to miss anything!

ANYTHING.

Thankfully, I have been practicing the part, and I pretty much nailed it.

PRETTY.MUCH.

On the down side, I didn't workout, I had a slice of pizza, and about 3 cookies.

All things considered, I think I just about leveled things out. 

After all you can't win 'em all, right Charlie???



Nope, he's still WINNING!

No comments: