Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It was the End of Times it was the Beginning of Times....

Wow.

I blink and 2011 is over.

At least I celebrated its departure in style...

Oh wait...

Ok, so at least I celebrated its departure.

IF you consider rolling over to kiss Techy when our neighbor woke us up by setting off an entire case of bottle rockets under our bedroom window as celebrating.

And considering the fact that I am 8 months pregnant, I am going with that totally counts.


Because watching Mayor Bloomberg and Lady Gaga dance in the New Year while your husband snores next to you is totally rockin'.

And because these days rolling over for anything is a feat, much less rolling over to kiss my husband after he has been asleep long enough for the morning breath to set in??  That's just pure kindness.

But really...

I tried to reminisce over the year that was 2011, only to realize I have very few ACTUAL memories from 2011 at this point in time.

Note: babies are kinda like zombies in that they totally eat brain matter for breakfast.

Here's what I remember of the year that was:

I lost my favorite daycare provider and had to *gasp* put my child in a daycare center.  DUN DUN DUN

Spoiler: he survived....

I ran in the snow.

I ran in the rain.

I signed up for a 3 day half marathon.

Then I signed up for an actual half marathon.

Then everyone I know got pregnant.

Some with twins.

Then I got pregnant.

And thought I would die from morning sickness.

Then my brother got married.

During the height of my morning sickness.

And I ate goldfish crackers during his entire wedding.

WHILE standing on stage.

Then we went on vacation.

Then we lost our minds.

And now, here we are.

Several thousands hundreds of miles away from "home".

Within weeks of Baby Numero Dos's arrival.

In a rental house.

With new jobs, a new church, a new daycare, and basically, a new life.

Now, no offense to you, Mr. 2011, but you were ridiculously exhausting.

In every sense of the word.

And I can think of no better resolution for 2012 than to SLOW DOWN.

And maybe no more losing our minds for a while....

FINE PRINT:
In all honesty, though, I really do have some significant resolutions for 2012
1. Picking up my running again post baby
2. Staying in touch with good friends, who I now live far away from.  Hear that Carrie, Amber, Ceej, Katie, and Debbie????
3. Losing weight
4. Eating more organic
5. Couponing more often 
6. Generally saving more money.  
Boring, right???

I assumed you would feel that way, so I opted to dedicating this post to my whininess instead.  Because really, who DOESN'T like to commiserate?  Right???  Am I RIGHT????

Right about now is when I should make some comment about the title of this post being related to the fact that the Mayan calendar says the world is going to end this year, with the punch line being something about that guy who totally said the world was going to end not once, but twice last year.  Only that's really like asking fate to take a hand, and despite my deep religious beliefs, I was at one time an athlete, meaning that I am also very superstitious and I don't like to test fate very often....  So I'm not going to mention anything about that, mmmkay?

1 comment:

BumbersBumblings said...

Great post! You had a great and crazy year! so happy I had the privilege of becoming your friend this year.