Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Blur

We came.

We saw.

We conquered.

Kinda, anyway.

What a crazy, exhausting fit of cluster-filled days....

Christmas, we of course spent on the road and then with family.

Then we dedicated a full day to decrapifying our former home.

Then we dedicated a full day to attempt to sign paperwork on said former home, see friends, load our car, and celebrate our niece's birthday.

To be honest, Techy just asked me what day it was, and I only know because my phone told me.

Life is a blur right now.

Oh did I mention that Techy came down with strep throat in the midst of this?

Yeah.

Ultra megazoid, fun, Scoob!

The real kicker?

Today is my baby's 2nd birthday.

And being the totally awesome mom I am, we are celebrating by spending 6 hrs in a car and then praying that an ice cream cake magically appears on our doorstep.

I totally rock at life.

And mommyhood.

And celebrations in general.

Don't you wish you were my kid?

But despite the blur, we did relish the time spent with friends and family.

Despite the illness, we did enjoy cups of hot coffee and the flavors of Christmas cookies.

Despite the anxiety of emptying our former home, we did have the sheer satisfaction of making someone's day, who was in desperate need of a house full of furniture.

And despite the frustrations, we did, if just for a moment, have the opportunity to reflect on what our saviour did for us.

And that's enough for me.

No comments: