Monday, December 19, 2011

Rich Man's Problems

It's been a long weekend.

Saturday alone I spent about 72 hours unpacking boxes and settling into this temporary rental abode.

And no sooner than the last box was unpacked and the last load of laundry was done, it happened.

Yesterday, Techy, Little Man and I went out house hunting with our realtors...

Just like every other Sunday afternoon for the last two months.

No big expectations.

But then we found it.

Our dream house.

Twice.

Two different houses five minutes apart.

Two completely different lifestyles.

And both with recent price drops.

Making them both amazing deals.

And ensuring that both of them got more traffic this weekend than any house should get the weekend before Christmas.

The stack of realtor cards on the counters spoke for themselves....

And totally stressed me out.

We knew we wanted one of them.

But couldn't decide which one.

And I spent a semi sleepless night being silly and agonizing about it.

Then posted on Facebook about it.

When my friend, Katie, reminded me of something my mom says all the time....

These are rich man's problems.

Meaning this isn't a problem at all.

There are other people out the who are agonizing over real problems.

And if there is anything I have learned over the last few months, it's that as long as I have my boys (and the soon arriving girl) it doesn't matter where we are.

And I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be reminded.

Yes, we did make an offer.

And no, we haven't heard back.

But it doesn't matter either way.

Because I'm already more blessed than I can imagine.

Home ownership or not.

No comments: