Sunday, December 25, 2011

He has come for us

Today is Christmas.

2011.

And we are on the road.

Worn travellers.

Road weary.

And I'm "great with child" as the song says....

I don't think anyone who has been pregnant at Christmas, doesn't sympathize with the young virgin mother who managed to travel for days, if not weeks, on end just prior to delivering the world's greatest gift.  But with all this travelling that we've done this year, I feel a bond with her.

And with that tiny baby who grew into the strongest man the world has ever known. The One. The Saviour of the world, made his entrance in an animal crowded cave in a town overrun with tired tourists.

Today, as we travel, with our little family in tow, I can't help but be thankful for the fact that they were willing.  That the prophecies were fulfilled and the Saviour came for us.

A few weeks ago, I heard this song for the first time, and today I can't get it off my mind.

I am so thankful he has come for us!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: