Tuesday, May 24, 2011

When the Lights Go Off

It's hard for me to believe that we are quickly approaching the end of another month.

Where has the time gone!? 

So much has happened over the last month.

Not the least of which were my races. 

My last one having been a week ago on Sunday.

Meaning last week was largely a rest week as far as running goes.

(Is that a lame excuse or what?!)

I only ran once last week.

And it was nothing spectacular.


Well, I mean, for a 2 mile run...not so incredible. 

But other than that, I stuck to my elliptical last week.

(No wonder I am not losing weight, right?)

But on the upside, the pictures came back from our race.

Exciting huh?

Just nod your head and say yes...

You wanna see them right?

Again, a head nod works....

So here goes.


Me.  Starting the race.

Note: I am not texting in this picture.

Nor was I in this picture (yellow circle, people)...

Credit: thankyouverymuch, AMBER!!

Despite what the lady (in the red circle) with the microphone thought. 

It's called RUNKEEPER, lady.  RUNKEEPER....

And now...

Me.  During the race.



Lovely, Just LOVELY. 

That's what I get for striking a pose, huh?

Now.  Let's take a look at my Teammates shall we?

Just to see what kind of horrificness the camera captured for them...

Here's Katie...



What?  No horribleness?! 

Only adorableness? 

Totally not fair!

And Dave....


Intense. 

Distinctly-not-goofy intense, though.

And, I mean, his eyes are open....

I think these photographers are plotting against me....

There's always hope though...

My last teammate may have looked in some way bizarre as well...

Kearstin...


Nope. 

No scary-face here.

Just more intensity.

And yes, open eyes.

Not in any way bizarre, scary, or reminiscent of a sleep-walking-and-possibly-drunk-Aunt-Myrtle like other people we know....


I hate photographers....

But just as a little redemptive notation...

Here are some of the pics from my half...




Both are finish line shots.

And sure, the headphones don't help anything, but at least my eyes were open...


No comments: