Monday, May 23, 2011

A Quick Breath

It's Monday morning.

After an extremely busy weekend.

And one heck of a tough week last week.

And I probably should be rested after the "weekend"...

But I'm not.

Even worse?

I'm gearing up for the week ahead.

That is already filled before I even have time to think about it.

The things I have to do this week go a little something like this:

Monday PM: Dinner, Bathe Little Man, Workout, Prep for Yard Sale
Tuesday PM: Dinner, Running, Prep for Yardsale
Wednesday PM: Dinner, Bathe Little Man, Workout, Laundry, Pack
Thursday PM: Travel
Friday All Day: Techy works while Little Man and I hang with our Georgia Peeps
Saturday All Day: Techy works while Little Man and I hang with our Georgia Peeps
Sunday All Day: Techy works while Little Man and I hang with our Georgia Peeps
Monday All Day: Travel, Unpack, do Laundry, Cry-beg-pitch-a-temper-tantrum-because-I've-yet-to-have-a-nap-and-I'm-so-stressed-from-travelling-with-a-toddler-I-need-either-a-2-year-nap-or-a-gallon-of-xanax.

And at some point during all that jazz, I have to squeeze in time to wax my whatchamacallit since there's a good chance I'll be in a bathing suit at our Georgia peep's house....

I think I may be slipping over the edge...

Last night, I drew a warm bath and snuggled down under the suds hoping to wash away the stress in those last few moments of my weekend.

It didn't work.

It may have helped - I am not in a full on panic attack now, but...

It's so hard to get down to any real living between the working hours and the sleeping hours.

Or in the case of this week, it's going to be all but impossible, since the work won't quit until my head hits the pillow.

Not that I don't enjoy all of these things.... (well, except maybe laundry.  and packing.  and travelling with a toddler...but the rest are totally enjoyable, right?  Especially waxing a whatchamacallit...)

So in the meantime, here's to taking a deep breath and just getting through.....

Breathe in, breathe out...

This, most certainly, leads me to my next post so stay tuned....

No comments: