Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Helpful How-To: Prepping for Holiday Shopping

It's no secret that things might be a little tight for our Christmas this year, right?

If it was a secret before, let me blow it for you.

Things are going to be UBER tight this year for Christmas.

As in, there will probably be no Black Friday big ticket items this year.

But that doesn't mean that I am not Christmas shopping the most economical way possible....

Wanna hear what I'm doing to make the most of my money this year?

If not, you should probably stop reading now and go do something more useful with your time.

Like Googling "Kim Kardashian divorce" and join the rest of America in wondering if it was just a publicity stunt....

Or try to determine if Justin Beiber really did get a new puppy or not.

I have it on good authority he did not.

Wait.

What were we talking about?

Oh, right.

Christmas Shopping.

And my economic situation.

A.K.A.  Being Scrooge with my pocket book while being Tiny Tim with my gift giving.

I know, I know, I don't really know what it means, either.

Just keep reading.

1.  Swag, Swag, Swag.

People.

We've talked about it before.

Search & Win

Thanks to Swagbucks, I have managed to sock away almost $100 in Amazon Gift Cards over the last few months to help with Christmas shopping.

And for those of you who are like, "How on earth?"  I'll tell you.

Referrals - when you post the link to Facebook and get referrals, you can earn some major Swagbucks.

Searching - I do alot of my searching at random times of day.  Like if I wake up to go to the bathroom (that happens alot these days!!!) in the middle of the night.  I have the app on my phone and will usually only have to search once or twice to win some bucks.

Surveys - Here's where I cash in the most.  If you have access to a computer throughout the day, and you have time to check back at their site randomly, you can almost always find a survey or 2 that you will qualify for.  (Hint: make sure you complete your "survey profiles" so you are almost always pre-qualified for the surveys that are available to you...)

Freebies - These are the random onesies and twosies that you can get throughout the day.  Read the Swagbucks blog  for free swagcodes.  Fill out the daily poll.  And finally, click through the No Obligation Special Offers every day....

2.  Redeem Those Points.

For those of you who can be trusted with credit cards, you probably know that they can be major money makers for you.

Most credit cards offer some type of rewards programs.

And if yours is anything like mine, they occasionally have promotions (sales) on their rewards....

And if you are watching, you can earn yourself some really good deals when you hit those sales/promo's.

I.e., last week I scored $135 in free gift cards for Christmas shopping when my rewards program had some gift cards on sale.

Again, not alot of money, but momma can make it go a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG way.

Especially if I hit up some of my favorite stores....

Who happen to have amazing sales and (duhhhhhhhhhhhhh) COUPONS!

3.  Take advantage of the saving sites.

You know what I'm talking about....

Groupon.

Living Social.

Eversave.  (Today, they have a deal for a $50 Restaurant.com giftcard and a $25 Target gift card....  That's a really good deal!!!)

SaveMore.

In the past few months, I have gotten Amazon gift cards for half off, gift cards for free, as well as the Target deal that I mentioned above.

And I can only imagine that over the next few weeks, we will see an increase in discounted gift cards as suppliers are trying to ramp up for holiday sales...

Be ready to take advantage!

4.  Shop the Big Sales!

I know, I know.  It's a given.

But we are {eagerly} approaching one of the best season for sales all year long.

And some of the best sales are before Black Friday.

(I will never forget the year that Walmart offered laptops for $199 two weeks before Black Friday.  My mom stood in line and bought 5 of them, then turned around and sold them on Ebay thus making enough money to pay for Christmas.  Just saying...)

Just stay alert.

Keep in touch with websites like Dealcatcher and TGIBlackFriday to stay informed of the deals.

And yes, gear up for the big day.



You gotta be prepared if you are gonna get the best deals!!!

No comments: