Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Voice In the Dark

There are things you experience as a parent that no one warns you for.

There are feelings you feel as a parent that no one could POSSIBLY prepare you for.

And let's be honest, I've done things since being a parent that I swore would NEVER happen.

You hear about the poop.

You hear about the puke.

You hear about the laundry.

But no one has ever told me about this....

I started my day pretty normally.

I had a ton of laundry to do....

I had several errands to run....

And I had trash to take.

I threw a load of laundry in the washer before we left and then ran out the door dragging a bag of trash behind me.

When we returned several hours later, it was to some annoyingly high pitched noise coming from...

well, somewhere.

But I had more important things to do.

Like feed tiny humans.

And clean them.

And put them to bed.

And fold laundry.

And clean my house.

And the noise got louder and louder and louder.

And more annoying and more annoying, and more annoying.

And then I opened up my washing machine to find this.


Now, for the record, we've had this thing for more than a year.

I had no idea it made noises.

But since I washed it this morning, it hasn't stopped singing...

In its VERY, VERY high pitched annoying voice...tone...sound....

What exactly do you call an inanimate object's noise???

It's been almost 4 hours....

It's still singing.

I'm planning to go kill it.

If it doesn't get me first.

Wish me luck.

Hopefully you will hear from me tomorrow.

No comments: