Thursday, October 27, 2011

Helpful How To: Keeping Your Inspiration Going

To be honest, I am drained.

I don't know if you've picked up on that.

But being pregnant and moving and dealing with the almost-Terrible-Two's has pretty much taken everything out of me.

And then there's that whole - everything I own is packed into a metal room 30 minutes away from me....

All these factors lead to a lot less Helpful How-Tosing...

And alot less inspiration.

Please forgive me.

You know what makes it worse?

Techy and I have to share the laptop everynight.

AHEM.  What that should say is that Techy gets the laptop while I sit on the couch with my iPad

Which refuses to do ANYTHING until it is updated with the newest software....

But Techy has the computer, so....

You see where this is going, right?

Rather than even attempt to keep up, it's usually just easier for me to go to bed.

Hey, I'm pregnant.  It's a luxury for a couple more months....

So really what this is is a desperate cry for you to help me keep my inspiration going.

The fall season is upon us - Halloween, Thanksgiving and yes, even Christmas....

So many inspiring holidays...

And yet, I am pooped out because I don't have a house to decorate.

I can't wear a normal Halloween costume without looking MILDLY ridiculous.

And I honestly don't even know where we will be for Thanksgiving, much less if I will be cooking a bird this year...

But in the meantime, here are a few things, I am attempting to do to stay inspired...

Sunday, Kathy (my awesome friend that I am living with) decided she wanted to roast a chicken, but didn't have time.

And then we googled, crockpot roasting.


Let's just say that last night's dinner was AMAZING...

Sure, it's the untraditional way...

But so inspirational!  And ready when you get home from work!!!

And then there's the inevitable home decor stuff that's going on....

Over the last few weeks, I have spouted home decor knowledge and ridiculousness so much that I now have my officemate, Dreek searching Better Homes & Garden's website for home decor inspiration....


So yes, what I'm trying to say is, I may be lacking in personal inspiration, but that doesn't mean that I'm not participating in other's inspiration.

Hopefully, you are doing the same!!!!

2 comments:

BumbersBumblings said...

I gave you a blogger award! Come check my blog for details!

Roberta said...

Ah Leah...I hear ya sweetie! Nothing drains all INSPIRATION like being in LIMBO! We've been there many times over the past few years with all of the life changes we've been through. There are days that getting out of bed, let alone, blogging seems futile. But I did find a great "trick" or "treat" that is helping my need to find inspiration in fashion. I've started an art journal where I past my "paper dolls" aka the clippings that I cut out of magazines. I no longer work out of the home...and therefore I no longer get "dressed" everyday like I used to. One of the reasons why I purged my shoes and purses...just don't use them since I'm not playing "dress-up" for work anymore. I also use to make my "dressing-up" interesting by following Louise Hay's Colors and Numbers book daily...it's where you use your private numerology dates, etc. and match the up wit the daily colors. So on a "3" day you wear (eat/use) something "yellow". So that's what I'm doing in my art journal...finding magazine clippings of fashion/food/decorating that has the day's colors in it. Very theraputic because I get to enjoy the things that I love without having to spend any money, etc. Hope this helps, fondly, Roberta