Monday, October 17, 2011

It's Time - My Dirty Little Secret

It's been a few weeks since Techy and I moved to Georgia, and in all that time, I have cleverly dodged telling any of you about our living arrangements.

Partly because I should be embarrassed.

And partly because I don't care to talk about it.

But the honest to goodness, dirty little secret is that we are living with friends.

I know, right?

Who does that?

What's worse?

We are living with friends who DON'T HAVE KIDS.

Oh, did I mention, we happen to have a kid?

Who is seriously contemplating the Terrible Two's.

And momma's cooking baby #2....

In my defense, it's only been a month.

And we have had absolutely no free time to shop for a place to rent.

Nevermind the fact that we have been holding out for something - ANYTHING - to happen with our house.

I know you are probably loaded with questions.

Don't you miss having your own space?

What happens when the baby cries all night?

Do you get on each others nerves?

And my personal favorite...

Aren't you afraid that it will ruin your friendship?

My answer is, to be honest, I have no idea.

But I can tell you this, you know how much you value your home?

How important you think your personal space is?

Ever wondered what would happen if that were all taken away?

And I'm here to tell you that you quickly learn what matters most.

And it's not your beautiful rugs,

Or your amazingly designed rooms,

Or your gorgeous dining room.

Nope.

It doesn't take long to figure out...



As long as I have these guys, everything else is good.

2 comments:

BumbersBumblings said...

Adorable!! Praying your house sells soon!!!

jenny said...

We lived with our friends (renting a room) for a full year and it was fantastic. We're better friends now then we were before!