Monday, December 21, 2009

The Whines of Change

I am done…that’s it. I have had enough. Let’s get on with this.

Life is never going to be the same again, and I have bid farewell to my old life forever. I have made my peace with that. The only thing to do now is get on with it and start making life tolerable again.

The first step in doing that is…

GET THIS FREAKING BABY OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you read my last blog entry, you know that I got a little upset last week about delivery and pretty much closed up shop.

THINGS HAVE CHANGED…

For one, I am so freaking miserable that I can’t take this much longer. I feel like I am going to lose my mind if something doesn’t soon change.

My tailbone is still throbbing and of course I have welcomed a new, "friendly" (a.k.a. hateful, crappy, horrendous, crippling) pain accompanying it in another, more centralized location. I am no longer able to walk properly due to the pressure. Believe or not, people actually have the audacity to laugh at me. They obviously don't realize the dangers of upsetting a pregnant woman.

The good news?

I go for my next appointment on Wednesday morning, and I am just sure that she will tell me that I am dilated 6 cm and 120% effaced and they need me to run over to the hospital so they can check me in before the baby falls out of me.

More good news?

Apparently, I still have a sense of humor as well as an amazing imagination!

The bad news?

Despite my best efforts, including but not limited to galavanting out during the blizzard, dancing my pants off at the wedding, shopping for WAY too long yesterday, nesting like a crazy person (I literally unwrapped Christmas gifts and re-wrapped them yesterday!), and every other old wives tale in the book, Little Man has still not made his appearance.

The good news?

There is still a chance I could go into labor naturally, which would obviously be my first choice.

The bad news?

This is still a first time pregnancy, and very few of them go early, so I will more than likely be pregnant for another week and delivering Little Man sometime next Monday.

The good news?

There is no more good news. A week is too long! I can't take it anymore!

1 comment:

Debbie Lovette said...

I would just like to mention that tomorrow is my birthday. What a perfect gift for my special day -- baby Connor!