Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In: Week 4

Technically, this is my 5th weigh in. But it's OFFICIALLY the end of my 4th week of dieting.

 And let me tell you something, a month has brought me a LOOOOONG way. Admittedly, the first week was a struggle.

 But then again, I went from eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted it

(breastfeeding turns me into Animal from the Muppet Babies)

To eating a reasonable amount of HEALTHY food every day.

 That would be a shock to anyone's system.

 And I've upped my game on the exercise scene. 

Jillian has once again entered into my life with all her talky-talkiness and butt-busting moves.

And little by little, I'm seeing change. Improvement. Strength.

Even if my midsection has more wobble than Granny's pineapple jello mold.

As a general recap, this is how I started out.

Weighing in at 179.

And today, at the end of week 4, this is where we are at:

Weighing in at:

That's 5.6 lbs in 4 weeks.

Nothing amazing, but still an average of 1.4 lbs per week.

I'm not down a dress size yet, but soon.

I can feel it.

I believe it.

According to one of my nursing friends, I should start to notice it pick up soon as it takes a good month for your body to adjust to the new regimen before it will start shedding the pounds.

I know.

Laugh.

But you can't blame a girl for hoping.

It's a journey, I know that by now.

No one ever gets there if they don't start SOMEWHERE.

This isn't the Biggest Loser gym.

 This is my living room.

With 2 babies.

But I refuse to get discouraged.

Because 1.4 lbs a week will still get me there.

After all, "it's not a race, it's a marathon"

No comments: