Friday, May 18, 2012

Enough

I don't know if you have picked up on it or not, but I am experiencing a strange phenomena called...ready for it???

LONELINESS.

Some would say it's my own fault, some would say it's merely a matter of circumstances.

But I would say it's the season that God has for me right now.

I have experienced it before....

A long, long time ago.

When I was a newlywed.

With a husband who was being put through the ringer for a job he hated.

I had just moved to Delaware, and my only friend was a Junior in her nursing program and worked full time to pay her tuition.

This time, I have just moved to Georgia.

This time, I just had a baby.

This time, I am potty training a 2 year old.

And this time, I am a stay at home mommy to two amazing, albeit, exhausting babies, which I love.

However, the words themselves imply loneliness - STAY AT HOME mommy.

To add to it, my amazing hubby works VERY hard to make this possible, but the working very hard means he leaves early and gets home late.

(Here's where I say, I have no idea how military wives DO it. Tell me, girls, is xanax your friend? Because it would totally be my BFF)

I have learned a few things about how God works in these seasons....

The first time I experienced this, I felt sorry for myself for a really long time.

And then one day I was driving down the road when this song came on the radio:



If you know me at all, you know that I cried like a baby.

If you know me at all, you know that listening to that song while posting the video just now, tore me up.

If there is one thing I have learned about these lonely seasons of life, it's that God uses them, every.single.time.

He is there.

He is enough.

And he has, at his fingertips, the power to bring us through the lonely days.

And remind us that Enough, is more than enough.


3 comments:

Michelle said...

I have experienced it...every season has a different variety but it comes around. I think it is expecially hard when you make a move as a SAHM with little ones where there is no "carved in stone" place for you. (((hugs)))

tarynddavidson said...

This blog is the best one I have read. I feel that way more often than I care to admit. Sigh.
Anyways.. Just nice to know I am not alone.

tarynddavidson said...

This blog is the best one I have read. I feel that way more often than I care to admit. Sigh.
Anyways.. Just nice to know I am not alone.