Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Weekly weigh in: Week 12

I'm so lazy when it comes to blogging these days.

It's actually been 3 weeks since I have said anything about my weight on here.

Which is seriously lame.

But, in the past 12 weeks, I have lost 16.8 lbs.

Some weeks were big.

Some weeks like this last one, were not. 

But all in all, they have gotten me here - smaller, lighter, and well on my way.

I am spitting distance from the halfway mark and if that doesn't get a momma moving, nothing will.

I've had a lot of people ask me what I'm doing to get the weight off, and I promise to post a general post soon about how I'm losing this weight, but for now, here's a check in since my last weigh in post.

Week 9, brought me to my first size 12 jeans of the year.



They were tight and uncomfortable, but they were size 12's that would zip, so SUCCESS!

Week 10 took me down .8 to 165.6


And in week 10, I saw a tremendous reduction in MASS, overall.


As in, woah!  Forreals, people.

Then came week 11.

Week 11 was a HUGE week on the scale.

Huge is obviously a relative term considering that I haven't lost more than 2 pounds a week since I started this go around.


During week 11, I dropped 2.8 lbs!!!

That's a new record for this momma!  

I was stoked.

I was just sure I had hit my stride.  

That new and exciting weight loss weeks were going to be in my future from here on out.

That I would be in the 150's by the end of week 12.

But, alas.

Week 12 brought with it the meager .6 lb loss.


And that was after I stepped on the scale a good 5 times and removed every stitch of anything that could possibly add weight to my body.

To say I was disappointed, would be somewhat of an understatement.

But then, just for kicks and giggles, I did my before and after pic.


People.

If you are on a weight loss journey and you aren't doing before and after shots or side by sides, stop what you are doing this very second and take a before shot.  

Then proceed with afters.

Talk about an encouragement.

The change is real.

It is evident.

Even when it doesn't show on the scale.

It shows.

Obviously, my new goal for the upcoming week is to kick myself into high gear and hit the 150's.

Alas, since I will be without access to my scale until next Monday, I won't be posting a weigh in post this week.

So my goal for next week is to hit the 20 lb. mark.  I want to be half way there, already!  

I want to be down to 157 before week 15.  

I know I can do it, I believe I can do it, and I relish the humiliation that awaits me if I don't!

Wish me luck!!

No comments: