Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hungry for a day, for a cause

I know what you're thinking.

I'm a diet diva, and as such, I go hungry every day.

But today I'm doing it with purpose.

A purpose that is not an itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini.

Allow me to introduce you to H4AD.

An excellent organization that partners with groups fighting hunger and need.

This month, they have partnered with Wellspring Living, who just happens to be headquartered in our own backyard here in the metro Atlanta area.

Wellspring Living provides rehabilitation to girls who have suffered sexual abuse and exploitation.

H4AD's goal this month is to help Wellspring provide grocery expenses for 12 girls for one month. The average cost of grocery expenses is $40 power week per girl.

And if you're a math wiz like me, you know that adds up to $480 per week and $1920 for a 4 week period.

I know you're thinking, so how does this affect me?

I'm getting there, I promise.

Hungry for a Day's mission is not to get you to give $1920, or $480, or even $40, but to have you add up the approximate amount of money out would cost you to eat on the average day, and give that.

No amount is too small and they make it easy for you to get involved.

Just head over to H4AD

and click on the "Go hungry" tab. I'm proud of the work that both of these organizations are doing, I'm so happy to go Hungry 4 A Day!

1 comment:

BumbersBumblings said...

You know i love this, and YOU!