Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Living in the whirlwind

So the new life has begun.

And it's incredible. It completely revolves around the Little Man that I am holding right now. But I don't mind too much. A few things to note:

-I have been peed on more times in the last week than I care to admit.
-I thought bladder control was an issue before....
-I get excited by poop in general.
-Sleep in 1 1/2 hr increments is super fun.
-I thought I was emotional before....
-I have no modesty anymore. I find myself whipping out body parts with no thought or shame.
-I thought my chest was large when I was pregnant! I went from carrying a watermelon around in my belly to carrying 2 of them around on my chest.

And I know I said it before, but I am more in love than I ever imagined. And not just with the Little Man. I am more in love with his Daddy than I ever thought possible. I can't believe how lucky I am to have him. And although he would never use the terminology, he is just as in love with the little guy as I am--possibly more.

With life swirling around us these days, we are super exhausted just learning how to live. Between doctor's visits, family and friends stopping by and feedings, there is little time left to relax. We are merely surviving. But would we ever take it back?

What do you think?

Never.

No comments: