Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Business and a Bum Foot

Sorry it's been so long.

Not that any of you noticed.

Things here have been a little (read: ALOT) crazy.

I've been doing things like painting.

And laundry.

And unpacking from vacation.

(Yes, it does take a good week and a half when you have 2 little ones. AT LEAST)

But I thought I would explain (read: whine) why there wasn't even a weigh in post for the last two weeks.

Two weeks ago I was on vacation with no scale.

And last week, despite my best efforts, I only lost .2 lbs.

Like Woah.

Forreal.

I cried, I'll admit it.

As of Saturday, I've been at this for 7 weeks (not including vacation week) and I've lost 8.2 lbs.

Depressing much?

Wait. It gets worse.

Apparently, last week in my efforts to PUSH myself, I hurt my foot.

And the pain is indicative of a minor stress fracture.

Which might not be a big deal, if I didn't have such a difficult time losing weight.

And if my primary forms of exercise didn't put a ton of pressure on my feet.

So now we improvise.

I started pilates on Monday.

But that burns all of 150 calories per hour.

I'm pretty sure that sneezing burns more calories than pilates....

So I borrowed a bike to try to get in some extra cardio.

And for the last two days, I've been painting.

Which is seriously way more of a workout than I remember.

All that to say, it's been a rough couple of weeks.

And in case you are interested in seeing the beginnings if baby girl's nursery...



No comments: