Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Weekend, A Wedding, and New Words

Gosh, my weekend was crazy.

I'm sure I am not the only one who is saying that today.

After all, it was a holiday weekend.

But I spent most of it doing this:


I have a little secret...

We are moving.

Far, far away.

And we leave in a little over a week.

Meaning boxes are my LIFE.

But when I wasn't packing boxes, I mostly keeping this one occupied.



He has a new, bizarre obsession with "TRACTURES!!!"

Lucky for him, we are moving to a place where that obsession will be greeted with open arms.

Where you are in the minority if you don't have an obsession with "TRACTURES!!!!"

No, but seriously???

I can't go near the computer with the kid because he begs for THIS VIDEO.



All.the.time.

I think yesterday alone, I played it 7 times in one hour.

Ah, the joys of toddlerhood.

But that's not all I did this weekend.

Nay.

There was also a trip to the Goodwill, where I found this treasure to stage the Little Man's room for $5.



And may we never forget the CRAFT-TASTROPHE of the weekend.



More to come on this later this week, but note to self: an 8"X10" mat does not fit an 8.5" x 11" frame.

Just in case you ever made that assumption too....

And then, the BIG EVENT of the weekend...we were in attendance at the wedding of the year.

The marriage of two of my most favorite people ....

And I just gotta say.

It was epic.

As equally epic as they are.

Like Gremlin's epic.



Father-Daughter Dancing to "Eternal Flame"...

Which soon turned into All-Family-Moshpit-Dancing to "Eternal Flame"



The crowd went wild and sang every word....

And then...this...


As awesome as possible to "Ballroom Blitz".

Pretty much off the hook.

And while all that was going on, my preggo date (have I mentioned that the Bestie is totally preggers too?) and I were busy manning the photo booth.


Where things like this were happening...

Yeah.

Pretty much too many people having too much fun.

And two preggo's taking it all in.

But we rounded out the weekend with a little pool party action at the in-law's where the kiddo's decided that they were done with the pool and ready to cruise...


All in all, it is safe to say that this momma is TIRED.

I need a nap!

Hope your weekend was more restful that mine!

But every bit as EPIC!

1 comment:

tarynddavidson said...

ahhh... i love a crazy wedding.
reminds me of home.