Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blissful buggy

I am the classic procrastinator.... Life is always busy and the fall seems to be the busiest time of year, but I have been able to devote very little of my time toward the goals I had set for myself. However, in spite of my busy schedule and the frustrations I face, I continue to be reminded of how blessed we are.

Last night, as I pulled into my driveway, I spotted a large box on my front porch, which I assumed to be the Pack-n-Play that my mom and sister gave me as a shower gift. I was so excited. When I got to it, I realized that it wasn't my Pack-n-Play, but the travel system that we registered for.... In the world of new babies, certain expensive items you can do with out and I had discounted the travel system to that status. One of my girlfriends loaned me her car seat and base as well as the collapsible stroller that went with it, so I had decided that if there was one expensive item on my registry that I had to forego--the travel system would be it.
But there it was! When I saw the return address, I was shocked. It was from someone that I work with! As it turns out, several of my co-workers pitched in to help fund the big purchase!

Having recognized how blessed we are with amazing friends and family in Virginia, it's impossible to deny the fact that I am also blessed with wonderful coworkers and friends here as well.

Overall, it would be ridiculous of me to ignore the fact that my husband and I have so much to be thankful for. To disregard the fact that God has provided so much for us would be unforgiveable of me.


For you cynics, I have to admit that even I find it a bit odd that I experienced sheer delight about something as "ridiculous" as a car seat and a stroller. I have become "those people". It's embarrassing, but true. Just wait-in a few months, I will be worse-"those people" who put their children on the phone to make baby noises to friends and family. For those of you who have already been "those people", I love you and I love your children. (And payback for all the picture messages, video messages and phone calls will be incredibly amusing!) For those of you who are not yet "those people", there is a very high probability that one day you will be delighted to see a stroller sitting on your front porch or you will call/text me with baby updates. It's the circle of life--so don't make too much fun of me!

No comments: